Friday, March 28, 2008

The Increase In Crimes In The Country
Nowadays, the crime rates are increasing rapidly in our country. There are a few types of crime rates. The example of the more serious crime rates are stealing, cheating, shoplifting, drug dealing and murder. There are two types of crimes, the white-collar crime and the blue-collar crime. The blue-collar crimes are less serious then the white-collar crimes.
Robberies are one of the topics that I am going to touch today. Robbery is the crime of seizing property through violence or intimidation. They involve robbers, of course. The robbery rates have increased massively since the past few years. Everyone has done their part in preventing and solving these robberies but these robberies are just increasing so rapidly that even the biggest gangster cannot control the wild people out there. Robberies have increase by fifty percent since the year 1998. This fifty percent is definitely not little.
Other than robbery, another topic that I am going to touch today is the snatch thefts. This type of crime is also increasing. For instance, when you are walking by the road side a motorcyclist may just stop you and ask for directions. While you are thinking or telling the motorcyclist the direction, he or she may just snatch your jewelries or your bag and shoot off as fast as possible. As for me, I have witnessed a few snatch thefts. In the morning when everyone has just got up from bed and I was at my drive way, I saw a motorcyclist ride into my neighbour’s drive way. The motorcyclist asked my neighbour for directions and as she was speaking to him he just snatched her golden necklace and rode away. This was definitely a horrifying experience for my neighbour as she is just a small-sized old lady. Another snatch theft that I have witness was indeed a terrible one. As this young lady was driving on the highway, a scrawny beggar stopped her and asks for a dollar. As she was taking out her purse, the so called “beggar” hypnotized her and took away all her jewelries and money and sent her off driving. When the young lady awoke from her hypnotism, she realized that all her belongings had gone missing so, she suspects that this so called “beggar” took all her belongings. When I spoke to her a few days later, she said that the last thing that she could remember was a beggar stopping her and asking her for a dollar. The conclusion, this was definitely a case involving hypnotism. In these snatch thefts, many victims have been injured terribly by the horrible, unkind people out there.

This is part of my essay i've been working on. I have no time to edit the mistakes now because i've gotta go for my dance class now..when i come back,i'll finish it..haha..kinda boring topic though...

No comments:

Jonas Brothers

Jonas Brothers
Love Them!